Wednesday, May 23, 2012

10 Weeks - Quick Update

Hi Everyone..Just wanted to give a quick update..  First...thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for my dear friend Kim..  Her husband passed away late Sunday night (May13).  Please continue to pray for strength and peace through the days, weeks, months and years ahead for Kim and her son Ty.  Love you Kimbo!

This week is 10 weeks since surgery...my total weight loss is 45 pounds.. YAY..  I am so excited.  I find myself doing better each day...but there are some days that are not so good..ex..not drinking enough water or taking that extra bite..that I am not suppose to (than I feel so yucky afterwards...physically and emotionally)...those days are few. But all in all....I feel good and I am more active than I have ever been.  I am not so tired all the time..  So things are going really good.  My workouts are getting more intense (with the help of Lesa)...which is good too.

POA - Yes...I am still working on the meal planner and daily meal journal.  Really need to just sit down and do it..  Oh well..I will someday.  I am glad summer is here...so is Grady.  Family will be visiting...which I love...and Grady has some football camps/camps coming up too.

I will leave you with a few quotes that I ran across this week...and they always make me stop and think..

  • Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment - so true..when I go to the kitchen and think I am going to get something...than I think of this...and I tell myself...nope not going to do it.
  • Just because you get the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town. The fight is forever. - Very true...days are definitely getting better but it will be fight I will have forever which is OK..I am learning so much about myself and it has helped me in other areas of my life.
  • Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you will land among the stars - Les Brown - To me this is a everyday quote...I have always liked it....Always try your best..
  • Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself.  Go forward and make your dreams come true! - Ralph Waldo Emerson - I don't know if I am the only one (I doubt it) that goes through a big change (any kind of change) and starts thinking about other things (changes/dreams/what makes them happy) in their lives and what could they change..I know I am...and I have started making a list.  I am not sure my list will amount to something or not..but I do feel the need to write it down and pray about it...hmmm..something to think about..
I have more..but will save for a later post...  Hope everyone has a great rest of the week...and a great Memorial Day Weekend.

Love to all,
Loralee

No comments:

Post a Comment