Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve...

Well...it is hard to believe...it is Christmas Eve day...  The year has gone by so fast and so many things have happened..  As I write this post...I am thinking/remembering something in a christmas card/letter I received this year from our pastor.  When we get the cards/pictures...we are remembering all the big (good/bad) things in the year...I hope this next year..that I remember and think about the little things too...  So if you know Lora by now....I am going to try and make a book that I can jot down those things..hmm (another project..lol).

November...I will try to keep this short..since we are well into December and almost Christmas Day at that.. Well...I started off the month planning to post more..but it didn't happen.. Football season did end...and then we all got sick/flu.  I am not surprised since we were all so very exhausted..   Both of my sister were able to be home for Thanksgiving...it was so wonderful to see everyone!  FOOD at Thanksgiving was tough...but not as bad as this month...  Once I finished my portion...I got up and started to clean the kitchen.  I try to separate myself from the second helpings going around the table.  I also do well when I have a smaller size plate..I only get what I can fit on my plate.  It is so easy to get seconds...and then the awful feeling of eating too much.  I think I did pretty good...  I didn't even have a piece of my mom's mouth-watering crumb apple pie..which is my favorite...it is so good.


Jessica and I...we were in charge of casseroles for Thanksgiving Dinner



Trent (on high ho silver...that is what we called it as kids) in the background and Grady, Jess with Peyton (who is Steph's dog, and Grant).
We weren't able to have Erica in the picture..she was so sick Thanksgiving..she was there..just not able to play.


My nephews in my aprons (and Grady) making cookies the day before Thanksgiving.
 December...This month has been quite busy too...  The first weekend..my mom and I did a craft show..the first for me).  I was so excited about it...  We did OK...but not as I had hoped.  However..I did get some orders from friends...so it turned out OK...and I had so much fun making things (and being in my craft room).  I have posted a lot of the pictures on my flickr account...will post the link at the bottom.  The month has really just trucked along...I have been busy with orders and other things...that have just not had time for the gym...but it is definitely on my priority list.  The weight is coming off just not as fast anymore and it is more of a struggle now than ever.  However..I have dropped pant sizes...I started at a 28 (watch out..I can't believe I said this on here) and now I am a size 20...sometimes 22 depending on the brand...but more in the 20.  I am very excited...inches are coming off as well.  And today..(have to share)....that I was able to fit on the new ride at Dollywood...Wild Eagle.. Watch out..I was so excited..I loved it.  I am getting there and am armed for the struggles ahead...I hope to be.  Trying to stay away from the kitchen...everyone is making all the yummy stuff...snickerdoodles, snack mixes, candies/treats...hard to stay away...but I am trying.  Hard to keep the food out of the center of everything...but I am trying..  I love that all the family will be home soon...Rae and her family are here...Anne will be here in a couple of days...then we will all be together...my favorite time...to be with family and friends and to celebrate his birth.  I have posted a few pics below and more will come as family continues to come in.


Dewayne, Lora, and Grady (and the blue tree...love it)

Trent (youngest nephew) and Grady

Dewayne and I
 

Dewayne, Grady, and I


Rae (my older sister) and the boys (Grant, Trent, and Grady)

Beautiful lights at Dollywood


I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and blessed new year.  I also ask that we all....remember/pray for those who have lost someone close this year..family or friend...and the hurt they are feeling...this time of year (or any holiday).  Holidays are always worse...

May the hope that was born that silent, holy night remain in your heart throughout the new year.

Much love...
Loralee

Flickr account


No comments:

Post a Comment