Thursday, March 22, 2012

On the Mend....

I am on the mend...YAY...finally ...  Surgery went well on Monday...started late though.  Finally got to my room at 7:30...  Didn't sleep much that night..was tired but nurses were coming in and out and I was up walking every two hours.  I got come home around lunch time on Tuesday...I was so tired.  I have been sleeping in the living room the last few nights...I am sleeping better if I am somewhat "upright".  Today I have felt more like myself...Tuesday and Wednesday..I was still hurting and very tired.  Today has been much better..I have been up moving around and my soreness is not as bad (or I am just used to it by now).  Food...has been nonexistent the last few days (water and broth).  My new best friend is banana sugar free Popsicles..I love them!  I even tried some cream of chicken/mushroom soup tonight.  It was good...even though it was only two spoonfuls.  The water is my hardest thing right now...to get it all in...and when I drink it has to be sips...so it gets old.  My emotions are much better today as well..  I was upset Tuesday and Wednesday because I didn't think I would feel that bad...but I did.  I have 5 incisions on my stomach...just adds to the ones I already had from the surgery when my gall bladder was removed...but one of the incisions is bigger than the others...and it is also the one that is very sore and has multiple colors from the bruising.  My chest also feels tight...the dr said it would feel like that...just taking things slow because everything on the inside has to heal as well.  My mom and dad have been great...I am so blessed to have them.  Thanks so much to you all for all your cards, prayers, text messages, voicemails, visits, etc...I really appreciate them all.  I am excited to see what tomorrow brings and am so happy for the future....one day at a time....

Love to all,
Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment