Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tomorrow is the Day!

My emotions are all over the place..  My weekend has been great..  Anne was in town and we (her, mom, and I) spent some time together.  We got pedicures and went to two of my favorite shops (Nostalgia and Joann's).  We found some good vintage finds....s/p shakers, mixing bowls, etc.  Saturday was my last day of pre-op liquid diet...I am so glad that is over..  I have still been trying to not watch TV with all the food commercials..it is really hard.  All I wanted was a crab cake...I love them.  I kept thinking I will never eat again...which is not true...just not as much.  Anne and I finished the evening grocery shopping at walmart...got all the food for the next phase...clear liquid for a couple of days and then creamed soups..YUMO!  right... 

Today was another beautiful day...  After church we came home and the next phase began..clear liquids (I better get use to that...I have more days of that ahead) and drinking magnesium citrate...gag...didn't get far from the bathroom.  My emotions were all over the place again today..not about food...but about surgery and all the what-ifs....  So I kept busy..cleaning house, laundry, organized my craft room (somewhat..that will never be done), played yahtzee with Grady...and watched a movie.  It was good to get my mind off of everything..  When Grady went to bed...he said mom....it will be alright...you are good at everything..you will  be good at surgery.  Love him...

OK..so here I am....ready to get the show started.  Surgery is scheduled for 10:30...but you never know.  I am anxious to get started and get through the clear and cream of soups...and on to the other phases...but one day at a time Lora..(that is me talking to myself...lol). 

Thanks so much to all for the texts, private messages, voicemails, phone calls, and prayers....I really appreciate them... 

Sweet dreams all,
Loralee

No comments:

Post a Comment