Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Where to begin...Hmm..  I am apologizing now..because this first post will be long and a bit wordy..

I first want to say that my blog will cover lots of things (sewing (what little I can do..ha) and scrapbooking crafts)..but most importantly my journey through weight loss. 

This has been a long journey for me..I have had problems for awhile now and I think it started in high school.  I was always a big girl but I kept gaining weight as I got older.  I have tried all kinds of diets but to no avail.  Last year my family physician stated I really need to think about bariatric surgery.  At first..I was like..no way.  But after he kept saying it and saying it at my follow-up appts...I thought I probably should go and at least listen.  My mom and I went and listened to the seminar and than after they discussed the amount of money.  I had already made the decision that I would not be able to do it if insurance wouldn't pay.  At the time my insurance was getting ready to change.  When it changed I submitted my card...they came back and said...no..your insurance will not cover it.  I was so disappointed.  I started working out with a trainer at the gym two days a week and have been for awhile now.  When my husband changed jobs...we changed insurance companies.  I called back again and they had me come to another seminar.  We went and listened to everything again, but this time around...the pre-approval from the insurance company was a YES!  I was so excited..  I started the process...went to classes and met with the 2 doctors (bariatric surgeon and psychologist (will talk more about that one later)).  We decided on the gastric sleeve.  This process started in August/September (with classes, appts, etc)...however because of insurance/communication issues..my surgery date was much later.  The date is finally here...  I am getting real excited/scared at the same time..my surgery is scheduled for this Monday, March 19...YAY.  I started my two week liquid diet last week and am on my second week now.  Watch out...  This is one of the hardest things I have had to do.  I am eating 6 times a day (4 protein shakes) and yogurt/sugar free pudding/jello in between.  I can also each raw vegetables...but that is it.  I have come to love the chocolate shake...who would have thought..I use to hate chocolate.  Anyway...I have had so many emotions...  Last week was so bad...  All I would think of was food..and commercials didn't help.  I am so very thankful that I live across the street from my parents...Grady and Dewayne have eaten there most nights (it was hard to even look at other people eating..let along cooking it).  I cried at work, at home, and before I went to bed.  After three days of liquid diet..I went to the support group meeting.  I am so glad I went...I felt much better hearing success stories and talking to them about what worked for them.  I felt much better...  The weekend went by..I stayed very busy.  Than I hit a slump again on Monday...I was so hungry...but was I...or did I just want what I know it couldn't have.  I know that was it...  Today is late Wednesday night and I am feeling better again.  One day at a time..as my friend tells me..  Anyway..that is about it for now.. I have more to talk about later...but for now I will say goodnight..  Tomorrow is another day..and I will be thankful.  One of my good friends (love this Yvette) posted this on facebook today...and it made me stop and think...

Today is a gift you will only receive once. There will never be another day exactly like this one.
Embrace it.
Enjoy it.
Be truly grateful for it.
You will not receive this gift again.
 
Thanks to all my family and friends...I am so grateful that you are standing behind me and with me through this...

No comments:

Post a Comment