Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One week post-op...

I met with doctor on Tuesday...  Everything went well...  I had lost 28 pounds...YAY!  He has also OK'd me to move on to the next stage of food....even bigger YAY YAY!  I am so excited now that I get to eat with a fork...instead of drinking/sipping everything.  This morning I had a scrambled egg...I was so excited..  I love breakfast and eggs are my favorite.  I was able to eat half of the egg...and then I was full.  I am still learning how to determine when I am full.  My chest gets tight...when I am full...so now I know the sign...I just have to look out for it.  I am terrified of what happens if I overeat... I really hate to be sick.  So I would rather be on the other side (eating just enough and then stop)..  Drinking is still going good... I can get in about 40 oz of water...I am sipping all day...but I do get it in.  So that is the physical stuff...now on to the harder stuff...my mind.  This is where I struggle the most and all throughout the day.  I am physically full....but I crave certain foods and I want it really bad.  I also am trying to stay away from TV...the commercials are awful.  Then to top it off... I am dreaming about food that I know is bad for me...  Every time I start thinking about theses things..I try to think of something else...and I do OK..It is just a struggle for me and I assuming it is going to stay with me for awhile.  So... I will need to take one day at a time....and when those things come up...try to think of other things and/or move around and do something productive.  I feel like I am airing out dirty laundry...  I just know it will be struggle and I am up for the challenge...because in the end..I want more for me and my family.

So plan of action...  I have decided to take a picture of myself (now don't get all weird..I will not show it on here) every two weeks and weigh myself.  I also plan to keep a journal of what I am eating and when.  Might have to get crafty in my craftroom and make a journal...hmmm...

Thanks again to everyone for all their well wishes/cards/notes...  I really appreciate them all...

Oh yeah...almost forgot..I have pasted a link below about the procedure I had done..  I know some of you had some questions (thanks Anne for the link).

http://www.wlshelp.com/gastric-sleeve.html


Talk soon,
Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment